Location: LANGLEY (Depot), BC (20313 100 A AVENUE
Description of position
Pulls merchandise from stock for high-volume Costco E-Commerce orders. Loads items onto flat cart and/or pallet and transports them with manual pallet jack. Packs cooler and freezer items in coolers. Operates manual pallet jack to load delivery trucks.
Daily tasks and responsibilities
- Follows proper department procedures for performance of duties and paperwork.
- Lifts pallet from low stack and sets on floor. Moves pallet with manual pallet jack. Observes safety and security procedures.. Checks manual pallet jacks and pallets, tagging any with defects. Uses proper lifting techniques.
- Obtains pick ticket from control desk. Scans pick ticket with a wearable hand scanner that will list number and location of items to pull for an order.
- Operates manual pallet jack to transport pallet through warehouse and selects items from floor stock to assemble orders. Checks each pull to ensure correct item and quantity are pulled, and that the items are in good condition.
- Enlists forklift driver to drop full pallets from steel shelves for large-quantity item orders. Spots for forklift drivers to keep people out of fall danger zone.
- Enters quantity or weight of each item pulled into wearable hand scanner. Notes any approved substitutions and out-of-stock items.
- Checks computer to search for any items not found. Transfers completed orders to audit area.
- Operates manual pallet jack to move approved completed orders onto trucks for delivery.
- Assists in other areas of the department as needed.
Non-essential functions and tasks
- Assists in other areas of the Business Centre as necessary.
Qualifications (Costco-specific or industry-specific skills that candidates must possess)
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Permits/Licenses/Certifications: Costco Food Safety Certification – Level 1 required first day in the position. Costco Operation of Electric Pallet Jack Certification an asset.
- Experience: Stocker experience preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills: Math skills required. Computer skills preferred.
Knowledge and talents recommended for job success
NOTE: For postings in Quebec locations, candidates must be able to communicate in French (oral and written).