Location: LANGLEY (Depot), BC (20313 100 A AVENUE)
Description of position:
Picks orders from stored goods and splits out pallets received for shipping to warehouses. Moves goods using manual pallet jack. Checks and sorts pallets. Labels product for shipping.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Sorts pallets of received goods into smaller shipping quantities according to buyer’s distribution instructions.
- Stacks bed-loaded goods or goods from damaged or unacceptable pallets onto Costco approved pallets. Separates mixed item pallets for checking.
- Secures goods on pallets with shrink wrap and labels for shipping. Verifies that pallets being used are to Costco standards.
- Unloads containers manually.
- Informs managers of any discrepancies or problems.
- Cleans up and clears work area of any debris or trip hazards.
- Follows safety procedures.
- Provides prompt, courteous member service.
Non-Essential Functions and Tasks:
- Assists in other areas of depot as necessary.
Qualifications (Costco-specific or industry-specific skills that candidates should possess):
- Education/Training: High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: Costco Food Safety Certification – Level 1 required.
- Experience: None
- Knowledge/Skills: None.
Knowledge and talents recommended for job success:
NOTE: For postings in Quebec locations, candidates must be able to communicate in French (oral and written