Job Category: Governance Corporate Safety & Security
Requisition Number: COORD001065
- Posted: July 7, 2022
The Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) is a unique and dynamic place to work. Approximately 1,400 GTAA employees work non-stop with our partners and agencies to deliver a safe and welcoming airport experience at Canada’s leading global hub airport, Toronto Pearson. The impacts of the pandemic have been significant to our industry, yet we remain Pearson Strong and are realizing the opportunity to accelerate our Healthy Airport commitment. Join us on our accelerated journey in creating the airport of the future in a smart, healthy and profitable way.
Reporting to the Manager, Pass/Permit, this position is responsible for the responding to telephone requests for bookings in the Pass/Permit Office, reviewing documentation at the front desk to verify accuracy and completeness and for processing applications for a variety of services in a professional manner at all times.
- Prepare, amend, validate, process and challenge requests for all pass/permits issued by the unit
- Provide front line response in the cost recovery of monies generated
- Receive clients and review for accuracy and completeness, a wide variety of documentation and advise clients of incomplete information to ensure all forms submitted meet legislated and GTAA standards/policies
- Verify that applicants have not been identified as persons not to be allowed access to restricted areas and maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with and protecting each client’s personal information
- Provide advice to clients and must be knowledgeable in all relevant pass/permit issuance practices/procedures associated with the multi-tasked operation
- Responsible for maintaining client/individual accounts by ensuring all relevant data is properly recorded and that discrepancies are brought to the attention of the Supervisor
- Ensure the highest level of customer service is achieved and maintained through each encounter, despite occasional argumentative clientele
- Evaluate requests for passes/permits based on need/right of entry into restricted area
- Cross-reference databases for validation and ensure no limitations or restrictions have been imposed prior to issuance of any pass/permit
- Assist in the audit function by alerting Supervisor of persons/companies holding or withholding payments for outstanding pass/permits, denying services to persons/companies not in good standing
- Must possess a High School Diploma or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in data processing in a client/service-oriented environment
- Must possess strong computer and computer keyboarding skills with an ability to obtain a minimum keyboarding speed of 25 words per minute with a 90 % accuracy
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Transportation Security Clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of: Federal Government Regulations and measures, GTAA regulations, policies and procedures, and Civil Aviation Regulations related to Restricted Area Access Control and pass/permit issuance
- Practical ability to use specific equipment and systems (i.e. Computerized Restricted Area Pass (RAPS) program, Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) program, Printers associated with RAP and RAIC program, camera, scanners and Automated Fingerprint Identifications System (AFIS)), Computerized GTAA Airside Vehicle Operators Programs (AVOP), Perspective, Timetrade, Q-matics, E-forms, Employee Parking System, C-Cure and Picture Perfect, Keycard Access Control Systems, Airside Vehicle Marker Computer systems, etc)
- Demonstrate effective keyboarding skills, computer literacy, the ability to properly file documents, interpersonal skills, client/customer service skills, conflict resolution skills, teamwork, and problem-solving skills, dependability and sound judgment in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and outside agencies
- Basic use of Microsoft Office Suite, including word, excel
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to consistently produce work of high quality
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills as well as the ability to cope with extremely heavy workloads and handle stress associated with frequent conflict and confrontations are also requirements of the position
The GTAA is a private not-for-profit corporation and a federally regulated employer. The Government of Canada has suspended mandatory vaccination requirement for federally regulated transportation sector workers. The GTAA has also suspended the application of the mandatory vaccination requirement in its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. However, GTAA continues to monitor government and health developments relating to COVID -19 and may re-introduce the Vaccination and proof of Vaccination requirements in the Policy at any time.
What’s in it for you!
We offer our GTAA members amazing benefits, including retirement planning, group health benefits, employee assistance programs (EAP), paid leave, education and training, as well as recognition and rewards programs.