Employer Vancouver Coastal Health
Location Vancouver, BC
Salary$43.09 – $52.82 per hour
Ref159486StartsMay 10, 2022ClosesJun 7, 2022Job Category Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare Job Type Part-time APPLY(THE LINK WILL OPEN IN A NEW WINDOW)
Come work as a Clinical Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Coordinator (Registered Nurse) to join the Supervised Injection Site and Onsite Withdrawal Management teams in Vancouver, BC. We also have an opportunity available for a Permanent Part Time Clinical Coordinator. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Coordinator, you will:
- Provides first line supervision, coordinates the day to day operations of the designated Clinic or Program and ensures that operations of the designated Clinic or Program comply with the applicable Health Canada requirements.
- In collaboration with all health care team members, coordinates client flow activities by reviewing clinic processes and developing protocols for improving client flow.
- Provides clinical direction and coordination of clients and assists the Manager with a variety of administrative activities to ensure efficient and optimal use of client care resources.
- Liaises with designated team members/staff and supports interdisciplinary practice, quality improvement initiatives and supports interdisciplinary integration of services.
Education & Experience
- Current practising registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNM).
- Three years’ recent, related nursing experience in the Community Health Nursing including one year’s related leadership/supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to the changing health system and an understanding the broad determinants of health.
- Broad knowledge of the local Community and regional initiatives that may impact patient care, resource access or practice guidelines in this local clinic setting.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative and professional judgment.
- Ability to supervise.
- Demonstrated ability to apply decision making and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction to the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and evaluate health education resources.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to critically read and utilize current health research in evidence based practice.
- Demonstrated ability to identify community resources appropriate to client/family/community needs.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system and Windows applications.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.