MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Personal and Commercial Banking Sub Category:
Sales and Advisory Type:
Full time Application Deadline:
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Client Advisor, RBC Advice Centre
What is the opportunity?
In this role you champion the RBC brand and provide support to our clients as they will interact with us in very different ways; whether it is by phone, email, chat, video, social media or mobile. This role will be attractive to people who thrive in a fast-paced goal-focused team environment, love working with people and have the flexibility to work on a schedule designed to meet our client’s needs. If you are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and providing solutions for client’s needs, you can build a long term career as a highly knowledgeable professional Client Advisor in our Advice Centres. This is a full time and shift oriented role that provides the flexibility and opportunity to work from home and/or centre.
What will you do?
• Provide professional, responsive customer service to incoming client calls, assisting clients with their immediate financial need through recommending appropriate products and services.
• Focus on helping clients when they need us most, by responding empathetically to a variety of questions, assisting with a myriad of banking solutions and resolving client concerns at first point of contact
• Provide Online Banking technical troubleshooting assistance relating to browser support, site functionality; password reset and sign-in protection issues
• Deliver effective root cause analysis, problem diagnosis and solution recommendation that matches the client’s level of technical expertise
• Educate and assist clients with using RBC digital capabilities for online and mobile banking services.
• Resolve problems at first point of contact in a friendly and helpful manner and refer more complex situations to RBC partners, as appropriate.
• Manage risks by adhering to compliance routines, processes, and controls to protect client and shareholder interests
• Be resourceful with the ability to leverage tools and resources to find the right answers, while cultivating and maintaining relationships with partners and clients to work as one RBC team
What do you need to succeed?
• Ability to work independently, proven time management, organizational and problem solving skills. Exceptional client service capability and confidence in engaging clients across multiple channels (i.e. phone, video, etc.) using a friendly, positive and professional tone
• Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.) with above average keyboarding skills, internet, computer navigation and strong multitasking ability
• An interest in mobile and digital devices with an ability to help clients navigate through self-serve applications
• Desire to build exceptional client experiences, and is passionate and curious to help clients meet their immediate needs and solve their concerns
• Strong oral and written English communication skills, along with personal flexibility to work various shifts that meet our clients’ needs Monday to Sunday 7AM to Midnight
• Past experience in a customer service role where you provided a variety of needs based solutions
• Previous experience working in a Contact/Call Centre or in a fast paced financial and/or service industry
• Strong verbal and written French communication skills
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference in our client’s lives and to our communities
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation and stock where applicable
A world-class training program in financial services
Excellent career development and access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available conditional on employees being able to meet with the technological and confidentiality requirements of the role (i.e., private and quiet space, Internet connectivity, etc.) Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Personal and Commercial Banking
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.