DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY SERVICES
POSTING NUMBER: 104712
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Full Time Permanent
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hour workweek
LOCATION: The City of Brampton has implemented a gradual reintegration of staff into the workplace. Beginning on April 4, 2022, onsite work location of two (2) days a week will commence. Beginning on July 4, 2022, this will increase to three (3) days a week. There will be continued opportunities for hybrid work from September 2022 onwards, and we’ll continue to evaluate to determine which hybrid model works best. Once working onsite, you will report to the location of 8 Nelson Street West.
SALARY GRADE: 10
STARTING SALARY: $1,054.90 per week
JOB TYPE: Union
POSTING DATE: May 17, 2022
CLOSING DATE: May 24, 2022
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Coordinator, Administration, it is the goal of the administrative support staff (working within the Program Division) to communicate, provide limited advice and guidance, promote and assist with the delivery of recreation, concession and inventory programs and services in a professional, friendly, cost effective and efficient manner.
- Act as a point of customer contact for the Recreation division; providing customer service, telephone calls, and receiving and replying to emails.
- Perform customer account updates including manage account members, reset online login information, update financial information, and prevent access/allow access based on account status. Review and complete account adjustments on customer accounts.
- Perform collection activities on defaulted accounts in accordance with City of Brampton collections policy and procedures. Communicate with customers regarding defaulted accounts and prepare statements of account as required. Escalate to Corporate Collections as necessary.
- Complete revenue reports and packages to reconcile daily transactions, prepare deposits and investigate discrepancies according to cash handling procedures.
- Process refunds according to Refund & Withdrawal Policies.
- Verify, update and correct participant payment methods information in system and respond to staff and customer inquiries.
- Process corporate employee memberships and verify employment status of employees prior to processing.
- Process accounts payable invoices and cheque payments, validate and forward in accordance with process.
- Prepare and validate payroll and time and attendance records for designated pay group(s) in accordance with collective bargaining agreements and applicable legislation.
- Process time entry, ensuring shift premiums, overtime, upgrades, Statutory Holiday entitlement, time off and allowances are calculated correctly and supporting documentation is accurate.
- Create and reconcile inventory packages from concessions/bars, check data entries and invoices, input into database, and prepare variance report.
- Complete and monitor inventory counts at various concessions, check best before dates and assist in coordinating the movement of inventory from one location to another.
- Provide advice and training to concessions staff on displays, food handling, software system, and daily counts.
- Ensure proper food handling, check temperatures, and identify equipment failures or equipment servicing requirements.
- Intake donation requests, submit for review and approval, prepare certificates, and track when redeemed.
- Intake subsidized program applications, review for completeness and compliance, submit for approval, and follow up with applicants.
- Complete third party registration, prepare invoices and forward received payments.
- High school (Grade 12) graduation plus an additional program of over one and up to two years or equivalent in Business Administration or Business Accounting
- Non-probationary valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence.
- Food Handler’s Certification
- Smart Serve Certification
- Over two (2) years up to and including four years recreation experience with front line customer service, cash handling, accounting and record keeping
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and additional related software.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness and ability to perform work in multiple locations.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button abovequoting reference #104712 by May 24, 2022 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.