$30.14 an hour – Part-time
JOB TITLE: Clerk, Building Revenue and Statistics
DEPARTMENT: Planning, Building & Economic Development
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Part time
HOURS OF WORK: 24 hour workweek
LOCATION: Flower City Community Campus
HOURLY RATE: $30.14 per hour
JOB TYPE: Management and Administration
POSTING DATE: July 06, 2022
CLOSING DATE: July 09, 2022
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Administration and Information Services, track and report all revenue and expense transactions, maintain office supply levels and equipment service calls, perform statistical analysis and provide statistical information for the Building Division.
- Revenue Reporting/Balancing and Financial Analysis from multiple sources, including balancing the Point of Sale transactions with the AMANDA tracking system for revenues
- Track and Manage the reimbursement process related to Refunds and Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) Cheques
- Statistical analysis involving tracking, balancing of four revenue accounts and data quality related to building permits
- Retrieve, manipulate software, organize, interpret and report data using appropriate methods
- Co-ordinate, process and reconcile the payment of all invoices in preparation for producing a monthly summary of Building Division expenses
- In accordance with Corporate policy, co-ordinate the submission of Staff Development requests ensuring mandatory forms are completed accurately with the appropriate levels of authorization
- Prepare monthly reporting packages (statistical and financial based) for distribution to Building Division Management, Council, Senior Management, Statistics Canada and other regulatory bodies
- Perform ad-hoc statistical and financial research and main point of contact related to published statistics
- Maintain and manage the inventory, organization, and processing of purchasing of office and inspection supplies, reference materials
- Respond to office equipment issues (printers) and CLASS Point of Sale (POS) problems
- Train new recruits and contract staff; perform other similar and related duties as assigned
- Provide backup for other Administrative staff in order to maintain priority service levels or during vacation/illness
- Complete daily deposit.
- High school (Grade 12) graduation plus an additional program of over one year and up to two years or equivalent in Business Administration (with a specialization in Accounting), Accounting, or equivalent.
- Over two (2) years, up to and including four (4) years’ experience in a business environment.
- A solid understanding of accounting principles and best practices.
- Must provide Criminal Record Check.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook is essential.
- Proficiency and advanced knowledge in AMANDA is an asset.
**Preference will be given to students that have a permanent residency in Brampton.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above by July 09, 2022 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.