$25.99–$26.90 an hour – Full-time, Part-time
$25.99–$26.90 an hour
Full Job Description
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. At our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
Right now we are looking for a Clerical Support Associate to work with our Emergency Department.
Reporting Relationship:Clerical Supervisor, Emergency Department
Hiring Salary Range: $25.993 – $26.904
Location:Humber River Hospital – Wilson Site
Hours of work:8 hour days/evenings/nights and continuous weekend work
- Responsible for clerical support including patient registration and discharge, maintenance of patient records, order entry and statistics.
- Responsible for customer service including scheduling appointments, answering patient inquiries, telephone inquiries, greeting patients and visitors in a courteous manner.
- Communicates with bed allocation and other departments to arrange patient placement.
- Communicates with other departments and service areas
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of a Community College Medical Secretary Diploma an asset.
- Completion of a medical terminology course preferred.
- Minimum 1 year full time equivalent recent clerical experience required, preferably in a health care setting.
- Recent Emergency registration experience preferred, including EDM.
- Good keyboarding skills, with minimum typing speed of 40 WPM.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- MEDITECH computer experience an asset
- Good organizational and problem solving skills required, including an ability to prioritize a varied and busy workload. Demonstrated ability to cope with tight deadlines, frequent interruptions and emergency situations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Knowledge of a second language an asset
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Applicants may be required to successfully complete full administrative testing, to include typing speed and MS Office.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care…healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow’s healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees – from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis