DEPARTMENT: Community Services
POSTING NUMBER: 104960
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Temporary 6-months
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hour workweek
LOCATION: Hybrid Model – when working onsite, you will report to the location of The Rose Brampton.
SALARY GRADE: 8
STARTING SALARY: $998.55 per week
JOB TYPE: Union
POSTING DATE: August 24, 2022
CLOSING DATE: August 31, 2022
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Reporting to the Coordinator, Performing Arts Admin, this role, as the first point of contact, the Clerk is responsible to provide information, administration and assistance regarding City of Brampton Performing Arts facilities and programs.
- Provide excellent customer service regarding facility inquiries, programs and customer requests. including facility information and tours,
- Work closely with community and commercial organizations, service and cultural clubs and internal departments on booking requests, schedules and requirements
- Complete administration and reconciliation of facility bookings with a thorough understanding of the City’s policies, procedures and various standard operating procedures, point of sale and terms and conditions as applied to facility bookings.
- Follow up on rental agreement accounts, external insurance certificates, special permits, licenses and other documentation.
- Ensure that Cash Handling policies are adhered to through the processing of payments, float verification, completion of bank deposits, and revenue reports.
- Responsible for records management as it relates to each facility, including records within facility booking software to maintain accurate records of facility usage, generating reports as required.
- Lead and participate in team meetings as required.
- Responsible for the data entry, reports and statistics for various areas of operation such as point of sale, facility schedules, concessions, merchandise, programming, royalties reporting (SOCAN), etc.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence and reports including rental contracts, monthly invoices, accounts receivable, letters, etc.
- Assists with monthly ticket holding account reconciliation.
- Performs additional similar and related duties as assigned.
- High school (Grade 12) graduation plus an additional program of up to one year in Administrative/Office Administration, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Over two (2) years, up to and including 4 (four) years facility administration experience with high volume front line customer service and contract administration.
- Proven cash handling, accounts receivable and daily deposit reconciliation skills.
- Proven ability to handle large volume of customers while providing excellent customer service.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Advanced skills in CLASS booking modules or other facility booking software.
- Sound judgment, excellent public relations, and good decision-making and analytical skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Able to deal with confrontational situations.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference #104960 by August 31, 2022 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self-identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.