JOB STATUS & DURATION: Part time
HOURS OF WORK: up to 30 hour workweek / shift work / variable hours
LOCATION: Various Brampton Transit Terminals
HOURLY RATE: $20.46 per hour
JOB TYPE: Union
POSTING DATE: July 27, 2022
CLOSING DATE: August 03, 2022
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Transit Service Coordinator and the Supervisor of Transit Service Centres & Revenue. The Head Clerk 2 position will be an ambassador championing the delivery of exceptional customer service. The position is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the store in the absence of a Head Clerk 1. The Head Clerk 2 will be required to perform exchanges, refunds, adjustments, handle escalated customer service issues and other duties as assigned.
• Provide exceptional customer service to customers in person or by phone.• Receive, assess, refer and answer public inquiries about Brampton Transit and the services offered.
• Communicate Transit schedules.
• Responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the store in the absence of a Head Clerk.
• Update Absent Notification Reports, complete incident reports, operate a POS system.
• Perform exchanges/refunds on fare passes and conduct adjustments to incorrectly completed transactions.
• Handle escalated customer service issues.
• Maintain store supplies.
• Assist in training staff.
• Perform other similar and related duties to the position, as assigned.
• Grade 12 education or equivalent secondary education
- Previous cash handling, cash balancing, customer service experience, with a strong attention to detail.
OTHER SKILLS AND ASSETS:
- Sound judgment; excellent public relations and communication skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of the streets in Brampton.
- Ability to interpret maps and timetables is essential.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn and operate multiple computer systems.
- Provide assistance in the training of new employees.
- Successful candidates must be available to work flexible hours; this position will be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays and in various locations.
**Preference will be given to students that have a permanent residency in Brampton.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above by August 03, 2022 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.