DEPARTMENT: Community Services
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Part Time/Seasonal/Temporary
HOURLY RATE: $16.75
POSTING DATE: July 12, 2022
CLOSING DATE: July 26, 2022
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Recreation Supervisor/Supervisor on Duty, provide professional front-line customer service support, responding to facility inquiries, program information and services that result in a positive experience.
- Provide a high-level of front-line customer service including greeting, and engaging customers and providing program information and program availability with a strong focus on customers’ needs and wants and remembering to “upsell” where possible
- Answer telephone calls and respond to customer concerns/ inquiries in a professional manner
- Process and accept payments for program registrations, facility bookings, memberships and point of sale transactions
- Handle feedback in a professional manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Provide support to the Facility Clerk (facility dependent)
- Balance and verify daily revenue and complete administrative paperwork and reports
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (eg. opening and closing procedures, count sheets, payroll)
- Maintain a safe and tidy work space
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor and take appropriate action
- Responsible to complete administrative duties in a timely manner; includes reports and documentation
- Maintain an understanding of department programs and services
- Assist with concessions operations when required (facility dependant)
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Intermediate computer skills (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C from an accredited organization, or the ability to obtain within 1 month of date of hire
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
Additional Criteria for Peel Village Golf Course
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Smart Serve certification, or the ability to obtain within 1 month of date of hire
- Valid “G2” Ontario driver’s licence and the ability to obtain a City of Brampton Off Road Vehicle Operator’s Permit considered an asset.
**Preference will be given to students that have a permanent residency in Brampton.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above by July 26, 2022 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.