POSTING NUMBER: 104899
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Full Time Permanent
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hour workweek
LOCATION: Transit Terminal – Gateway
SALARY GRADE: 5
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $82,748.00 – $93,092.00 per annum
MAXIMUM OF SALARY RANGE: $103,435.00 per annum
JOB TYPE: Management and Administration
POSTING DATE: July 11, 2022
CLOSING DATE: July 22, 2022
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
This role is responsible to coordinate, monitor and control the Transit fare media in the Service Centre locations and reconcile the daily cash revenues, as required. Oversee Transit Revenue Room on a rotational basis. Act as a key source of contact to meet operational needs and corporate service standards. Provide direction and guidance to part-time store staff.
- OPERATION SUPPORT
- Provide day-to-day coordination, guidance and support for Transit fare media and associated, processes, policies, practices and project initiatives to meet operational needs and corporate service standards.
- Distribute process fare media for all stores and locations.
- Maintain inventory control on all fare media for auditing purposes.
- Provide training to staff and ensure they possess knowledge in policy and practice guidelines.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Act as a key source of contact and provide guidance, advice and support to ensure coordination meets operational needs and corporate service standards. Escalate complex issues to appropriate level for resolution.
- Build and maintain a relationship with cross-functional departments, team and management to support coordination and ensure a thorough understanding of operational needs.
- COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING
- Prepare reports; perform reconciliations and general ad hoc information as required accurately by established timelines.
- Create and maintain documentation and ensure necessary sign-offs and approvals meet policies and confidentiality.
- CORPORATE CONTRIBUTION
- Conduct research using internal and external resources to gain insight of market trends, current programs, processes and practices to support management and recommend ways to improve business processes, service solutions and best practices.
- Maintain knowledge of collective agreements, City policies and practices, legislation, regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- BUDGET SUPPORT
- Use of effective resource and expense management at all times to meet corporate policies and guidelines.
- Monitor all cash handling procedures which include cash reports, revenue reports, deposits, security service, coin replenishment and employee short tallies.
- TEAMWORK AND COOPERATION
- Participate in project coordination and team meetings as required to meet operational needs.
- Work well within diverse groups in support of operational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate corporate values at all times.
- Participate as a member of cross-functional team.
- Provide support/backup as necessary.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent education/experience in related field.
- 3-5 years experience in a service or transportation field.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment is preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ASSETS:
- Thorough Knowledge of Municipal, Regional, Provincial and Federal Governments and applicable Legislations is an asset
- Ability to identify business needs, initiate and coordinate project resource requests
- Solid Customer Service and People Management skills; Interface with internal and external customers to meet corporate service standards
- Solid Organizational skills; Detail oriented, well organized able to coordinate activities and tasks meeting conflicting priorities and timelines
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft office/software
- Solid mathematical skills and attention to detail.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above quoting reference #104899 by July 22, 2022 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.