Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we’re the best because we hire the best.
Job Skills / Requirements
Position: Security Guard
Site: City of Brampton (Clark Terminal)
City: Brampton, ON
Status: Part Time
Pay Rate: $18.00/hr.
Site Description: City of Brampton is a diverse, cosmopolitan, and vibrant place to be. From a population of 523,911 in 2011, Brampton is now Canada’s second fastest growing and 9th largest city. Located immediately north of Lester B. Pearson International Airport.
- Responding to and reporting all incidents of criminal activity, suspicious activity and hazardous situations.
- Unlocking and locking doors
- Providing access control
- Providing uniform security presence and completing proactive patrols of the terminal stops and platforms
- Completing proactive patrols for terminal lobbies and customer service areas
- Deterring and enforcing prohibited acts such as loitering, panhandling, smoking, alcohol use, skateboarding, and cycling on platforms and driveways
- Performing other related duties as assigned by the city.
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Enthusiastically conducts proactive patrols, and be able to address policy breeches, and note facility concerns.
- Ability to write detailed incident reports for all emergency and day to day activities
- Attend and investigate security alarms and emergencies in a timely and professional manner as not to create a panic amongst the public
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors and other persons
- Ability to de-escalate a crisis, provide support and liaise with emergency personnel including; police, fire and paramedic resources.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Logging in/out of Key, Radio and pager audits
- Handle Lost & Found items and inquiries
- Report any unsafe working conditions in any/all departments
- Ability to provide first aid and medical response when required to any person(s)
- Respond to all types of occurrences.
- Patrol interior and exterior,
- Minimum One (1) year Security Guard experience in a municipal government or corporate environment would be an asset.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field would be an asset.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills + Customer Service Skills
- Must possess a valid Security License for the Province of Ontario
- Must possess a current First Aid/CPR certification
- Physical Demands; excessive walking, standing, exposed to all weather conditions and extreme temperatures
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills required. Bilingual and Multilingual applicants preferred.
- Must participate in professional development and on-site leveling system requirements
- Previous experience or training within a loss prevention/security field preferred
- Must complete all required site training within 30 day of on-site hire date
- Additional job-related task and duties as assigned
- Successful completion of CPO certification within first 6 months (training material and course cost covered by Paladin)
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Immunization Record
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin are mandatory prior to placement:
- First Aid & CPR – Level C
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Use of Force
- Report Writing
- Additional courses as assigned
Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses:
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Customer Service
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Patrol Procedures
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Diversity Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Finding The OHS Manual
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Paladin OHS Orientation
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Dealing with People with Mental Illness
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Workplace Respect
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Slips, Trips and Falls
- Additional courses as assigned
All interested personnel must apply through the Employee Portal by simply following these steps:
- Visit www.paladinsecurity.com
- Click on Employee Portal
- Enter username and password
- Click on career opportunities
- Click on Ontario, then Toronto
- Select the job posting
- Register and apply
Should you have any questions on this process, kindly contact the People and Culture Department at email@example.com.