Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our guards; we’re the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
Position: Security Guard
Site: City of Brampton – City Hall
City: Brampton, ON
Status: Full Time
Hours: Continental Nights (1900 to 0700)
Pay Rate: $19.00/ an hour
City of Brampton is a diverse, cosmopolitan, and vibrant place to be. From a population of 523,911 in 2011, Brampton is now Canada’s second fastest growing and 9th largest city. Located immediately north of Lester B. Pearson International Airport, Brampton has positioned itself as a global economic contender.
The City of Brampton is looking for Security Guards for various location. In each location, strict but diplomatic enforcement of security is required. You will, in the course of your duties, encounter numerous situations which cannot be covered by Standing Orders, site specific security operations procedures which outlines the duties and contain property and facility information. For this reason, it is imperative that you have a proven ability to use your own initiative and judgement and can represent the City of Brampton in a firm but courteous manner.
- Be an accurate and dependable resource having knowledge about services on campus
- Be able to comprehend and demonstrate competencies of City of Brampton and the Security policies and procedures with an ability to use a customer service approach
- Be attentive to the needs of the visitors and as well as be able to build relationships with the city community.
- Be able to keep an open and objective mind, remembering the city’s diverse community.
- Encourage a safe and supportive environment.
- Assist visitors, and employee during crisis and contact the necessary emergency services as needed
- Frequently inspect the facility for damage and report to management.
- Ensure that the property is safe by ensuring all security measures are functioning properly.
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Enthusiastically conducts proactive patrols, and be able to address policy breeches, and note facility concerns.
- Ability to write detailed incident reports for all emergency and day to day activities
- Attend and investigate security alarms and emergencies in a timely and professional manner as not to create a panic amongst the public
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors and other persons
- Ability to de-escalate a crisis, provide support and liaise with emergency personnel including; police, fire and paramedic resources.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Logging in/out of Key, Radio and pager audits
- Handle Lost & Found items and inquiries
- Report any unsafe working conditions in any/all departments
- Ability to provide first aid and medical response when required to any person(s)
- Respond to all types of occurrences.
- Patrol interior and exterior,
- Minimum Three (3) years Security Guard or related experience
- Minimum One (1) year Security Guard experience in a municipal government or corporate environment would be an asset.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field would be an asset.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills + Customer Service Skills
- Must possess a valid Security License for the Province of Ontario
- Must possess a current First Aid/CPR certification
- Physical Demands; excessive walking, standing, exposed to all weather conditions and extreme temperatures
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills required. Bilingual and Multilingual applicants preferred.
- Must participate in professional development and on-site leveling system requirements
- Must be flexible with shift availability (security operates 24 hours/day)
- Previous experience or training within a loss prevention/security field preferred
- Must complete all required site training within 30 day of on-site hire date
- Additional job-related task and duties as assigned
- Successful completion of CPO certification within first 6 months (training material and course cost covered by Paladin)
To apply for this exciting job opportunity, kindly adhere to the following steps:
- Visit www.paladinsecurity.com
- Click on Employee Portal
- Enter username and password
- Click on career opportunities
- Click on Ontario, then Toronto
- Select the job posting
- Register and apply
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Valid Ontario Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.