DEPARTMENT: Community Services
POSTING NUMBER: 104869
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Full Time Permanent
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hour workweek
LOCATION: The City of Brampton has implemented a gradual reintegration of staff into the workplace. Beginning on April 4, 2022, onsite work location of two (2) days a week will commence. Beginning on July 4, 2022, this will increase to three (3) days a week. There will be continued opportunities for hybrid work from September 2022 onwards, and we’ll continue to evaluate to determine which hybrid model works best. Once working onsite, you will report to the location of Civic Centre.
SALARY GRADE: 2
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $56,043.00 – $63,049.00 per annum
MAXIMUM OF SALARY RANGE: $70,054.00 per annum
JOB TYPE: Management and Administration
POSTING DATE: June 22, 2022
CLOSING DATE: June 28, 2022
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
This role will act as a central support resource, assisting the management structure of the Service Brampton Division with day-to-day coordination and operational tasks to maintain efficient operations of the division. This position will provide an additional level of support, including research, analysis and communication on various special projects, as directed by the Service Brampton Leadership Team. This position requires independent decision-making, judgment and tact when handling sensitive information, as well as the ability to juggle competing priorities and work to meet deadlines. The qualified professional will be an organized, personable individual with a positive and proactive attitude, keen attention to detail and a customer service oriented mindset.
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Manager, Service Brampton and the Service Brampton Leadership Team; including preparation, review, processing and distribution of correspondence, briefing notes, meeting agendas, minutes, actions and presentations.
- Collaborate with the management team to support on business initiatives, programs, processes, procurement, staffing and projects.
- Manage the calendars of the Service Brampton Leadership Team and related logistics.
- Prepares correspondence on behalf of the Senior Manager, Service Brampton
- Maintain files and confidential records of the Service Brampton Division to ensure corporate compliance.
- Administer corporate purchasing card, request for travel and expense forms/reports, and sectional/ divisional time entry.
- Prioritize correspondence and scheduling requests ensuring urgent matters and conflicts are addressed.
- Book and arrange meetings, conference and event attendance, resources, travel arrangements and amenities.
- Coordinate access for new employees, monitor job data for adjustments, and all employee data changes.
- Administer programs, projects and or processes specific to the operating unit and work to find and create efficiencies in existing processes.
- Monitor Divisional spending to ensure it aligns with operating budget.
- Prioritize requests, direct calls and enquiries to the appropriate level for resolution.
- Provide internal and external customer service by processing and responding to a variety of inquiries and service requests; while adhering to corporate practices and standards.
COMMUNICATION & REPORTING
- Research, prepare or assist with the preparation of divisional policies, procedures and reports.
- Fulfils ‘publisher’ role and manages accountability for internal and external web portal presence for division; co-owner of divisional directories, administers access to staff as required.
- Responsible for the upload of reports to Agenda.net meeting/agenda system for divisional council reports.
- Maintain confidentiality based on the requirement to access, review, maintain and distribute sensitive sectional or divisional and organizational communication, materials and records.
- Provide documentation support for disciplinary, grievance and performance matters.
- Degree/Diploma in Administration, Management, or equivalent
- Minimum two years’ experience in an administration role preferably in public sector
OTHER SKILLS AND ASSETS:
- Knowledge or significant experience in business writing, proofreading, etc. with an emphasis on communication, coordination and administration
- Knowledge of municipal operations, including departmental and council proceedings considered an asset.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills for complex problem solving
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference # 104869 by June 28, 2022 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.