Save Job Job ID 210046Date posted 06/02/2022Location : Georgetown, Canada
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
A Production Operator 2 positively leads a Team in both Personal Safety and Food Safety, ensuring their team members adhere to the Company’s policies and regulations. An Operator 2 is responsible for following the Production Schedule, operating a variety of chocolate chip making machinery, and other associated packaging systems which produce various sizes and containers of commercial chocolate products, including Quality checks to meet the specifications of customers products. An Operator 2 is also required to enter Daily data entries into SAP and excel work sheets. In addition, holding Team members accountable for good housekeeping practices, and accurate documentation.
Shift: Night Shift
Pay Rate: $22.95 plus 0.50 shift differential
- Follow all Food Safety (HACCP), GMP’s, WHMIS, Occupational Health and Safety, and Environmental programs
- Read schedule for production lines and communicate with the Operator 1 from the previous shift to determine the status of the lines. (Machinery problems change over status, availability of paste, special operating instructions, quality control issues, etc.)
- Communicate with the Operator 1, Lead Packer and Packer(s) to instruct and prioritize their daily tasks within the department
- Monitor machine performance and quality control parameters and make adjustments to machines as necessary
- Record production data as required on log sheets and in computer systems
- Complete checklists and charts as required
- Contact Supervisor, Maintenance personnel, and issue Work Order(s) in the event of any mechanical or electrical problems with the lines
- Perform product and packaging changeovers as scheduled
- Clean depositing plates, tank filters, and line filters as required
- Perform maintenance and cleaning on lines as scheduled
- Use pallet handling equipment to move product or packaging materials as required after provided in-house training is completed
- Maintain all production areas in a neat and clean condition
- Properly account for any product spills or production scrap
- Fill in for other department jobs as required (Operator 1, Packer or Team Leader), including overtime coverage, modified shifts and weekend shifts as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal Supervision
- Time management, organizational skills, and prioritization are essential to this job description
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily
- Ability to add and subtract 4 digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s is required
- The requirements cited below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skills and/or abilities required
- High school diploma or GED; and three to five years’ related food manufacturing experience and/or training is required
- Must have keyboarding skills for data inputting.
- Previous Leadership role, ability to delegate work to direct reports and hold employees accountable for their tasks/functions
- Ability to read and communicate effectively is required
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight/distance/volume measurement
- Grade 12 mathematics proficiency preferred
- Ability to apply common knowledge and understanding to carry out multiple step instructions
- Must be able to plan, implement, oversee, and evaluate work of all team members
- Must be able to make decisions and upwardly communicate reasoning and results
- Employee is required to stand, push and reach with arms and hands, as a regular occurrence
• Able to operate heavy equipment
This Full Time position is located in Georgetown, ON; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.