Purdy’s Chocolatier Vancouver, BC
Salary$15.70 an hourJob typeCasual
Full Job Description
Are you ready for a taste of the one of Canada’s Top Employers? Purdys Chocolatier is delighted to have been voted by our employees as one of the Canada’s Best Employers. This esteemed award is a testament to the rich texture of our history and our more than 100 years of dedication to quality, trust, tradition, and innovation. The Purdys difference is that we truly recognize the value of our people.
We reward you with competitive compensation, recognition for your achievements, opportunities for ongoing training to grow professionally and personally, delicious perks, and much, much more. Do you have a keen eye for detail, great communication skills, and a desire to work in a positive team environment? Purdys Chocolatier is looking for Casual General Help – Full Time to join our efficient Production Teams at our Chocolate Factory and Warehouse in Vancouver, BC! Start dates every 2 weeks for a 6 month contract.
Opportunity to be promoted to permanent full time based on your performance! Duties include but are not limited to: • Coating and garnishing of cream centres, caramels, and other products
• Sorting, picking and packaging chocolate into boxes
• Consistently meeting daily production targets
• Maintaining cleanliness of equipment, machines and work stations • Examining products and recording results for quality control • Performing other duties as assigned All applicants MUST have :
• Availability: Must be able to work the same shift from Monday to Friday. 8330 Chester – 6:30AM – 3:00PM or 3:00PM – 11:30PM 2777 Kingsway – 7:00AM – 3:30PM or 3:30PM – Midnight • Strong spoken and written English communication skills • Great attention to detail • Ability to work in a team • Certified steel toe boots • Experience working in a fast paced environment
• Experience working with Food Manufacturing Machinery is an asset
• Comply with SQF policies and procedures PERKS working at Purdys Chocolatier:
• All you can eat chocolate while you are working
• Employee discount on all products through our online store – perfect for all your Christmas gifts! • Referral program – refer a friend to work at Purdys and get a cash reward • Access to internal job postings – we love to promote employees within the company
• Collaborate with fantastic people who are passionate about creating incredible Purdys moments • Fun working environment that values work-life balance **As this is a unionized work environment – union membership is mandatory upon hire.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours/week. Pay: Starts at $15.70/hour **Additional $0.60/hour for hours worked after 6:00pm **Additional $1.00/hour for valid Occupational First Aid Certificate – OFA Level 2 and above Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview.
No phone calls please. Purdys Chocolatier is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us via email at email@example.com