Position: CCTV Security Surveillance – Rotational Shifts
Hours: Must be able to work all shifts (days, afternoon, evening, overnights, weekends)
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Rate: $18 – $20.16 Pay rate based on experience and successful completion of a 3-month probationary period)
- Must have valid Ontario Security License
- Minimum of 1 year experience as security dispatcher (high volume intake experience preferred)
- Minimum on 6 months experience as a call taker/ dispatcher in a service industry an asset
- Ability to manage radio communications and telephone inquiries
- Above average skills working to O365 applications including Outlook, SharePoint, Excel, Word, etc
- Demonstrated punctuality and reliability, tact, and diplomacy
- Post-Secondary education in an Emergency Services Communications program
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Able to respond to incidents of crisis and determine avenues for assistance.
- Able to utilize multiple software’s at once, CCTV, access control, mass notification
- Ability to absorb information from different platforms, analyze and make decisions
- Create and update activities in excel based Dispatch for ongoing calls and incidents in a timely fashion
- Use Alarm Monitoring software to keep track of intrusion alarms and dispatch guards to investigate
- Place fire alarm systems on disregard upon the request of approved contractor work and Seneca Facilities
- Answer security related calls and dispatch guards to assist and/or investigate
- Answer general inquiries relating to the college, transferring calls to the applicable department/individual if dispatch is unable to answer the question
- Dispatch guards to corresponding calls to their respective zones
- Contact and update the on-call contacts when and if needed
- Keep track and monitor the location of all guards
- Have a strong understanding of Seneca’s rules and policies
- Be knowledgeable on the layout of the campus, i.e., knowing the correct laneways
- Operate the fire panel…
- Liaise with various agencies including 911 emergency call centre, TPS non-emergency, and TFS non-emergency
- Liaise with external organizations including but not limited to fire systems service companies, elevator service companies, etc.
- Liaise with other Seneca departments and stakeholders (facilities, IT, residence, etc.) to ensure effective and timely response
- Employer paid benefits including medical, dental and vision care.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Continuous training opportunities
- 10-hour shift
- 12-hour shift
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Security guard: 1 years (preferred)
- Must have dispatch experience of 1 or more year/s
About the company:
Paragon is Ontario’s largest privately owned and operated security company with over 4000 employees. We specialize in securing Commercial Office Towers, Colleges and Universities, Retail Shopping Centers, Condominiums, and Hospitals.
Our Mission is to proactively protect life, property, and the assets of our clients. We fulfill this mission through our commitment to client satisfaction, ensuring that our Security Guards receive continuous training and ongoing investment in advanced innovative technology.
We pride ourselves on promoting from within. In fact, many members of our middle and upper management began their careers at Paragon as a Security Guard.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
- Paragon Security is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, ancestry, race, color, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex (including pregnancy & breastfeeding), or any other protected grounds as outlined by The Ontario Human Rights Code.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brampton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Can you work 40 hours a week?
- Do you drive or take public transit?
- How many years of security dispatch or CCTV experience do you have?
- surveillance: 1 year (preferred)
Ongoing need to fill this role