Collaborating with cross functional business partners across Carter’s and reporting to the Senior Translator, the translator will be primarily responsible for all English to French external assets such as marketing, visual and merchandising. In addition, the translator may need to assist in the translation of print media, posters, videos, policies & procedures, and training content.
– Translates all external assets and some internal assets such as marketing, visual and merchandising
– Ensures that message and meaning are communicated correctly and consistently, and reflect brand’s voice and identity
– Converts text and audio recordings from English to French.
– Translates subtitles for videos and online presentations.
– Cross-references specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation.
– Proofread and edits documents for accuracy and clarity while ensuring the brand voice and company values are maintained.
– Ensures correct grammar, punctuation, tone/voice, tense, and company style guide is followed.
– Collaborates, influences, and ensures accountability to said translation timelines.
– Participates in meetings and conference calls with French speaking teams.
Hybrid or Remote work opportunity
Experience and Skills
– Fluent in French (Canada) with an understanding of Québécoisculture and language.
– Degree or diploma in translation or a related field.
– 2+ years of professional translation experience.
– Experience in Branding/Marketing or Communication background a plus.
– Outstanding attention to detail.
– Strong problem-solving, communications, organizational and relationship-building skills.
– High degree of confidentiality.
– Experience working under tight deadlines on multiple projects.
– Ability to contribute and collaborate with creative team.
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
– Experience with translation systems/ tools preferred.