Posted Date13 hours ago(10/18/2022 1:54 PM)Job ID2022-7324 Job Location 1: CompanyCA-ON-Brampton # Positions1 Job TypeContract Job IndustryGovernment and Public Sector Career LevelExperienced Years of Experience1
JOB TITLE: Caretaker
DEPARTMENT: Public Works & Engineering
POSTING NUMBER: 105083
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 3
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Temporary 6-months Contract
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hour workweek / shift work / variable hours
LOCATION: City Hall
SALARY GRADE: 3
STARTING SALARY: $26.57 per hour
JOB TYPE: Union
POSTING DATE: October 18, 2022
CLOSING DATE: November 1, 2022
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Coordinator, Housekeeping, cleans and maintains Corporate properties.
- Provide quality customer service for all customers, tenants and end-users of Corporate properties.
- Provide indoor housekeeping activities specific to each location, including vacuuming, dusting, polishing, dry and wet mopping/spray buffing.
- Collects recycling materials and garbage from desk/area recycling bins, replaces bags and disposes of as directed.
- Provide disinfection and sanitizing services to all washrooms, lobbies and public counters. Cleans/inspects all washrooms: empties garbage, disinfects sinks, toilets, etc., replaces washroom supplies, wash walls, mirrors, and unclog toilets. Cleans windows, doors and other glass surfaces.
- Provide immediate outdoor maintenance services to include litter picking, graffiti removal, gum removal, cigarette butt disposal, waste container cleaning and emptying, snow removal and sanding and salting of walkways. Also at the POA location the underground garage is spot-swept daily.
- Provide scheduled speciality cleaning services as required and operate associated equipment to include; steam or shampoo carpets as required; cleans elevators and elevator tracks; vacuum, washes or shampoos chairs and dividers; operate Scrubbing Machine to scrub floors and buffing machine to strip and wax floors; dust ceilings, air diffusers and return air grills as needed.
- Set-up and take down tables and chairs for meeting rooms/functions, moves furniture as requested.
- Assist in case of an emergency or fire and must be familiar with the fire alarm and intrusion alarm systems.
- Provide minor maintenance monitoring and reporting, be knowledgeable of the building program and users, identify maintenance or health and safety issues or concerns and ensure they are communicated and resolved.
- Provide minor maintenance monitoring and reporting services (i.e.: vandalism, vagrancy, unlocked areas). Caretakers sign in and out building keys for nighttime contactors, secure the building and activate intrusion alarm.
- Maintain all care-taking equipment and tools to ensure health and safety on the job and report any damages or mal functioning equipment or tools immediately to supervisor.
- Assist building operator as required.
- Performs additional similar and related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 10 or equivalent.
- Over six (6) months, up to and including one (1) year experience performing cleaning in an office environment and operating heavy duty cleaning equipment.
- Ability to work variable scheduled shifts including nights & weekends.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above (use for iCIMS) OR at: www.brampton.ca/employment (use for external websites/job boards) quoting reference # by November 1, 2022 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.