Metro Vancouver and Fraser Val, BC, CA
Other Location(s): Burnaby, Richmond
Employment Type: On Call
Language Requirements: English Essential
Job ID: 151424
Employment Type: On Call
Job Requisition Id: 151424
Business Function: Delivery Agent or Letter Carrier
Primary City: Metro Vancouver and Fraser Valley
Other Location(s):Burnaby, Richmond
Province: British Columbia
Employment Type: On Call
Employment Status: Temporary
Language Requirement: English Essential
Employee Class and Level: LCREL01
Number of Vacancies 50
Canada Post is an exciting place to work! And you can be part of it!
We deliver billions of items to Canadians each year – and you can be a big part of making this happen. As a temporary, on-call delivery agent (also known as a letter carrier), you’ll be the face of Canada Post in your community and make sure customers and businesses get the mail and parcels they’re waiting for.
Does this sound like you? The role of delivery agent would be a great fit if you:
- like meeting people and making their day
- enjoy being outside and active year-round
- want to work for a great national company
- would be proud to serve your fellow Canadians
What will you do?
- You’ll start your day in the depot, sorting and preparing the day’s deliveries
- You’ll load and drive a Canada Post postal vehicle
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- You’ll then spend most of your day outside, delivering mail and packages by foot or by vehicle to customers on your route
- You’ll return to the depot to unload the day’s incoming mail and packages for later delivery
What must you have?
- A valid Class 5 or Class G driver’s licence with a safe driving record for at least 3 years (driver’s abstract required)
- The physical ability to lift mail items weighing up to 22.7 kg (50 lb) and carry items weighing up to 15.9 kg (35 lb) regularly throughout the day
- The ability to work in all types of weather
- The availability to be on-call
- The ability to read, write and speak English and/or French
These help, too!
- Experience in customer service
- Experience making deliveries or working as a driver
In return, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Extensive classroom and on-the-job training about your duties and safety on the job
- Opportunities for permanent employment
You will be required to pass pre-employment tests and an interview.
CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE:
- A character reference letter
- Driving Record (Driver’s Abstract) from ICBC (https://bit.ly/37hZmpG). Please upload a copy of your abstract to your Supporting Documents
Today’s Canada Post – Canada Post is an e-commerce powerhouse, delivering billions of items every year. We help small businesses grow. We enrich lives in remote communities. We connect Canadians with each other and to the rest of the world. And we do all this by providing residential and business customers with the best possible delivery experience in the country.
We like to promote from within and can offer you a career rather than a job. While, like all of our delivery agents, you’ll start out on a temporary, on-call basis, you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us and obtain a permanent position … even try out new jobs in different areas of the company.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post will represent Canada’s diversity and provide a safe and welcoming workplace that embraces and celebrates our differences.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Our Leadership Behaviours
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
We value diversity as an essential part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future. We believe that attracting, developing, and retaining people who reflect the diversity of Canada is essential to our success because this matters to all communities and customers we serve.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.