Toronto, ON, CA
Other Location(s): Mississauga, Etobicoke, Brampton,Scarborough,Oshawa
Employment Type: On Call
Language Requirements: English Essential
Job ID: 155338
Employment Type: On Call
Job Requisition Id: 155338
Business Function: Delivery Agent or Letter Carrier
Primary City: Toronto
Other Location(s):Mississauga, Etobicoke, Brampton,Scarborough,Oshawa
Employment Type: On Call
Employment Status: Temporary
Language Requirement: English Essential
Health and safety is our highest priority. With vaccination tool shown to be the most effective tool to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and protecting individuals from severe consequences of this virus, Canada Post has implemented a Vaccination Practice. Accordingly, you will be required to attest to be fully vaccinated. If you are unable to be vaccinated, you may request an accommodation due to a medical, religious, or other prohibited ground of discrimination as described in the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Canada Post is an exciting place to work! And you can be part of it!
We deliver billions of items to Canadians each year – and you can be a big part of making this happen. As a temporary, on-call delivery agent (also known as a letter carrier), you’ll be the face of Canada Post in your community and make sure customers and businesses get the mail and parcels they’re waiting for.
Does this sound like you? The role of delivery agent would be a great fit if you:
- like meeting people and making their day
- enjoy being outside and active year-round
- want to work for a great national company
- would be proud to serve your fellow Canadians
What will you do?
- You’ll start your day in the depot, sorting and preparing the day’s deliveries
- You’ll load and drive a Canada Post postal vehicle
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- You’ll then spend most of your day outside, delivering mail and packages by foot or by vehicle to customers on your route
- You’ll return to the depot to unload the day’s incoming mail and packages for later delivery
What must you have?
- A valid Class 5 or Class G driver’s licence with a safe driving record for at least 3 years (driver’s abstract required)
- The physical ability to lift mail items weighing up to 22.7 kg (50 lb) and carry items weighing up to 15.9 kg (35 lb) regularly throughout the day
- The ability to work in all types of weather
- The availability to be on-call
- The ability to read, write and speak English and/or French
These help, too!
- Experience in customer service
- Experience making deliveries or working as a driver
In return, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Extensive classroom and on-the-job training about your duties and safety on the job
- Opportunities for permanent employment
Today’s Canada Post – Canada Post is an e-commerce powerhouse, delivering billions of items every year. We help small businesses grow. We enrich lives in remote communities. We connect Canadians with each other and to the rest of the world. And we do all this by providing residential and business customers with the best possible delivery experience in the country.
We like to promote from within and can offer you a career rather than a job. While, like all of our delivery agents, you’ll start out on a temporary, on-call basis, you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us and obtain a permanent position … even try out new jobs in different areas of the company.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.