NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 3
JOB STATUS & DURATION: (2) Part time, (1) 6-month contract
HOURS OF WORK: up to 30 hour workweek / shift work / variable hours
You will be required to work a variety of shifts and locations during the Brampton Transit Store hours.
Monday to Friday: 5:45 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Saturdays: 7:45 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Sundays: 10:45 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
The Corporation will provide up to 30 hours to employees where required, there are no guarantee of hour
LOCATION: Various Brampton Transit Terminals
HOURLY RATE: $19.33 per hour, the rate will increase to $22.75 after the probationary period
JOB TYPE: Union
POSTING DATE: July 27, 2022
CLOSING DATE: August 03, 2022
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Transit Service Coordinator and the Supervisor of Transit Service Centres & Revenue. This position supports the division’s strategic goals by promoting the use of Brampton Transit as a viable alternative to the automobile through the delivery of exceptional customer service; which includes up-to-date route information, fare media sales and friendly courteous service.
• Process and promote fare media sales in a fast-paced environment.
• Handle cash, debit and credit card transactions.
• Provide bus routing information as well as assist customers with planning their bus route within the GTA.
• Respond to customer enquiries regarding various fare options.
• Ensure sales are recorded in Point of Sale (A2G) and Station Point of Sale (PRESTO).
• Prepare end-of-shift reports and balance high volumes of cash and cards.
• Deposit monies in the safe, ensuring bag contents match the deposit slip and deposit log.
• Ensure customer waiting areas are clean; acting quickly to address any deficiencies.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Provide assistance in the training of new employees.
• Perform other and similar and related duties to this position as assigned.
• Grade 12 education or equivalent secondary education as established by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Previous cash handling, cash balancing, customer service experience, with a strong attention to detail.
OTHER SKILLS AND ASSETS:
- Good written, verbal communication skills with the ability to resolve/diffuse customer service issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to resolve questions and concerns in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong computer skills and point of sale systems (Access 2 Gov & PRESTO preferred).
- Sound judgment; excellent public relations and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of the streets in Brampton.
- Ability to interpret maps and timetables is essential.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work at any Brampton Transit Service Centre location.
- Successful candidates must be available to work flexible hours; this position will be required to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
**Preference will be given to students that have a permanent residency in Brampton.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above by August 03, 2022 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.