POSTING NUMBER: 104967
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Full Time Permanent
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hour workweek
LOCATION: Hybrid Model – when working onsite, you will report to the location of Transit Clark Boulevard Facility.
SALARY GRADE: 5
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $82,748.00 – $93,092.00 per annum
MAXIMUM OF SALARY RANGE: $103,435.00 annum
JOB TYPE: Management and Administration
POSTING DATE: August 22, 2022
CLOSING DATE: September 9, 20222
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Scheduling Transit, ensures that all schedules meet the service levels set out for the Transit System and that all equipment and manpower is utilized in an effective manner.
- Utilize Transit Scheduling software, design routes based on passenger travel patterns and peak demands and schedule running times to maximize connectivity within the system, and with other systems, to minimize passenger travel and wait times.
- Implement new routes, runs, crews and timetables for Transit Operations and other staff.
- Prepare various management reports and driver crew guides.
- Communicate with the Union Executive and ensures that the stringent requirements outlined in the collective agreement, city standards and the Employment Standards Act are complied with. Ensures that an optimal balance between contract compliance, on-street operability and cost is maintained.
- Make recommendations to improve efficiencies of schedules, runs and crews.
- Ensure that special events and road reconstruction projects are coordinated with transit operations.
- Coordinate multiple crew sign-ups; prepare related management reports and driver crew guides.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual service budget.
- Perform detailed cost modeling for the enhancement or curtailment of services.
- Investigate and respond to public complaints and suggestions on behalf of the Supervisor of Scheduling.
- Assists with various passenger and operator surveys to measure transit service levels; conducts detailed analyzes of data collected and prepares summaries.
- Coordinate technical and professional responses to our customer enquiries as required.
- Represent Brampton Transit’s interests as a member of various committees as required.
- Support related elements for the Automatic Vehicle Location, SmartBus and Real Time Passenger Information Systems.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Post secondary Degree or Diploma in Transportation Planning or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in a similar position within the transit industry
OTHER SKILLS AND ASSETS:
- Extensive experience in transit scheduling software an asset
- Highly developed computer skills including database management, reporting tools and spreadsheet modeling
- Excellent research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to ensure accuracy of work
- Able to exercise creativity in utilizing abstract concepts
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above quoting reference #104967 by September 9, 2022 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.