Requisition Number: 8018
Position Type: Term
Position Length: 1 years (extension / permanent possible)
Mississauga, ON, CA
Remote Work: No, critical onsite role
Closing Date: June 19, 2022 23:59 EST
Diversity and Inclusion
We strive to make our policies, programs and workplace more inclusive, respectful and barrier-free. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples, veterans, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
We make career growth and professional development a priority. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce.
Let our team know if you need accommodation or support during the recruitment process due to a disability or other reason. We can provide support in multiple ways, from using this site and submitting your application, right through to the interview process. If you are the successful candidate, you can also discuss accommodation needs when you receive your offer.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how.
Take a central role
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be “a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada.” No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very center of Canada’s economy, in a diverse and inclusive organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in an environment where we are reinventing central banking, renewing ways of doing business and reinforcing a culture of innovation.
Find out more about the next steps in our Recruitment process.
What you will do
As a Banknote Shipping and Receiving Clerk, you are part of the Agency Operations Centre of the Currency Department. The team’s purpose is to meet the public demand for good-quality banknotes in a cost-effective and timely manner. The team is responsible for the replenishment, receipt, transfer, processing and destruction of all denominations in the custody of the Bank’s processing centres. The team also collaborates closely with financial institutions to detect counterfeit notes and counterfeiting trends.
Under the direction of the team leaders and production coordinators, you provide dual custody and control of banknotes at the Toronto Agency Operations Centre (TAOC).
Specifically, you will:
- prepare, ship and receive banknotes
- process and reconcile banknotes on high-speed equipment, and participate in their destruction
- examine parcels, and address and solve various operational problems
- maintain the security and integrity of the assets of the team and the Bank
- enter data into various operating systems
- make a positive contribution to the continuous improvement process
Note: This posting will be used to fill positions multiple positions in 2022.
What you need to succeed
- ability to learn and follow custody and control procedures with a strong sense of attention to details as well as accuracy
- good oral communication skills, with the ability to be tactful and be a strong team player
- able to set priorities efficiently and to respond positively to fluctuations in daily workflow
- able to be flexible regarding task rotation and work schedules, and ability to work overtime when required
- be self-motivated and to work independently and in a team environment and ability to show initiative as well as innovation to improve work processes
- capacity to work standing for prolonged periods and to perform physical tasks, including bending and lifting parcels (weights range from approximately 5 to 24 kg)
- knowledge of ISO standards
- experience in processing and handling banknotes
- knowledge of high-speed banknote processing systems
Your education and experience
This position requires a high school diploma with strong mathematics skills and relevant experience (i.e. handling cash,
banking and/or retail experience, shipping/receiving experience).
What you need to know
- Language requirement: English essential, French considered as an asset
- Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
- Security level required: Be eligible to obtain Reliability
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and further to public health guidelines, preventative measures are being taken to ensure health and safety during the recruitment process. All interviews are conducted virtually.
- The official title for this position is “Operations Agent ”
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic that was declared by the World Health Organization, the mandates issued by the federal government, and the direction provided by public health authorities, the Bank of Canada requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Selected candidates will be asked to provide proof of vaccination status at the reference stage. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and require an accommodation for a legitimate medical, religious or other human rights-based grounds will follow a seperate process.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life and career. For more information on key benefits please visit A great deal to consider.
- Salaries are based on qualifications and experience and typically range from $51,285 to $56,980 (job grade 11)
- Depending on performance, you may be eligible for performance pay for successfully meeting (3 to 5% of your base salary) or for exceeding expectations (7% of your base salary). Exceptional performers who far exceed expectations may be eligible for higher performance pay.
- Flexible and comprehensive benefits so you can choose the level of health and dental coverage that meets your needs
- Extra vacation days (up to five each year) that you can purchase to add to your vacation entitlement
- Option to join the indexed, defined-benefit pension plan after 24 consecutive months of service #LI-POS