Job Category: Airport Operations
Requisition Number: BAGGA011051
- Posted: October 11, 2022
Main accountabilities include:
- Must have A Valid DA and RAIC
- Ensures the movement of the baggage and cargo is performed correctly and safely on and off aircraft and transport it between aircraft, airport terminals and air cargo facilities to ensure schedules are met.
- Performs baggage pulls and delivery
- Load, unload customer luggage and other cargo and ensure that baggage and other cargo are sorted correctly and reach their flights on time.
- Assists with arrival and departure of aircraft.
- Transfer luggage from check-in areas to departure areas.
- Reports baggage that’s damaged and suspicious.
- Ensures safe operation and proper handling of passenger baggage, freight and mail
- Frequent bending, stretching push/pulling, stacking and kneeling in small confined locations.
- Operate motorized equipment including but not limited to belt loaders, baggage tractors, GPU, vans, dollies, air stairs.
- Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous material identification labels, aircraft loading manifests, and baggage and cargo routing tags.
- Responsible for all required paper work and oversight of the bag room function.
- Ensure tasks are performed in accordance with Company and Airline specific procedures and policies.
- Required to attend the mandatory training imposed by the Company and Airlines as per job role.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must have a valid Aeronautical Radio License (ROC-A)
- Must be able to pass and maintain the D AVOP issued by the GTAA (both written & practical)
- Prior Tow experience preferable
- Minimum 6 months’ ramp experience mandatory
- Must be able to push, pull lift up to 70lbs when required.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English proficiently.
- Must have a valid Provincial driver’s license G or G2 with good driving record.
- Must be able to meet and maintain the security level required for this position.
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays if required.
- Work is done primarily outdoors. Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions, work is primarily outdoors.
- Reliability, our customer and your fellow employees rely on you.