Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada24 CAD – 24 CAD/Hour Save Job
Our client, one of the big 5 banks, is looking to hire a back office banking officer for their corporate office located in the Mississauga area.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following duties:
The back office banking officer contributes to the overall success of the Commercial Banking processing and credit support service team in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Reviews/provides authorization for transactions and/or temporary credit requests
• Reviews authorizations (including syndications) for deals up to $25MM to execute the requirement of existing accounts, products & services, and subsequent funding.
• Responsible for the review and action of the daily overdrafts, delinquencies (including Small Business), annual review, lending advances/payouts, etc.
• Operates independently to execute day-to-day operations within assigned authorities/limits (lending limits up to $3 million in total Borrower Connection based on time on post)
• Reviews and processes high volumes of standard/non-standard service and credit transactions of customers.
• Business Units supported include, but are not limited to: Commercial Banking, Small Business, Corporate, Global Risk Management, Payments & Cash Management, Audit, Quality Assurance, Trade services,, Leasing, Real Estate Banking, Client Services and Solutions, Cash Management Call Centre, Symcor, Automotive Finance and other units (as applicable). Services approximately 31,000 Commercial clients.
• Provides national coverage between the hours of operation (7 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time). Shifts may vary.
• Assist with implementing efficiency-focused improvements to operating procedures and/or systems in order to meet Bank regulations by participating in pilots and “test & learn” as required.
• Participates in cross-training to broaden skillsets across different areas.
Must Have Qualifications:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
• Proven customer service skills, as well as flexibility to adapt to changing environments
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in Financial Services or related industry.
• Basic knowledge of banking or lending products
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 844 895-8598 or email However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting
À propos d’Aston Carter:
Aston Carter, une division d’Aerotek, est un fournisseur d’envergure mondiale de services de recrutement et de dotation de personnel pour les sociétés à la recherche de professionnels du milieu des affaires hautement spécialisés. Aerotek est une société en exploitation d’Allegis Group, un fournisseur multinational de solutions en matière de talent. Aston Carter s’engage fermement à offrir un service de premier ordre aux clients et aux professionnels du milieu des affaires dans un vaste éventail de disciplines, notamment la comptabilité, la finance, la gouvernance ainsi que la gestion du risque et de la conformité. Avec plus de 60 bureaux en Europe, Asie et Amérique du Nord, Aston Carter offre une expertise locale, régionale et mondiale pour répondre aux besoins uniques de ses clients. Reconnu “best of staffing” par nos clients et le talent que nous recrutons, Aston Carter s’engage à livrer un service hors pair a tous nos partenaires d’affaire.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers’ unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.