Niagara Falls, ON
$27 an hour – Full-time
GFL is looking for a full-time AZ driver to help support our operations in Niagara Falls, ON. The AZ Driver will be responsible for loading trucks and transporting bulk products and waste. They will be reporting directly to the transportation manager. We are offering a $3000 sign on bonus after 90 days on the job with a starting wage of $27/per hour.
- Operate all company vehicles and equipment as per Company procedures, policies and according to all applicable legislation in a safe and efficient manner
- Accurately complete documents on a daily basis including pre/post trip inspections, manifests and logbooks in a legible manner to meet compliance requirements
- Participate in the transportation on-call rotation as scheduled and be available in an emergency and/or on short notice for weekends, after hours and holiday work
- Maintain company owned vehicles and equipment, including minor mechanical issues and interior/exterior vehicle cleanliness
- Represent the Company in a responsible and professional manner while dealing with customers, suppliers, regulatory bodies, and fellow employees
- Comply with all Company issued health and safety, environmental, administrative, and general policies/procedures, as well as those provided by our customers or third parties when on their job sites
- Attend, participate, and complete all necessary training as per Company requirements or objectives
- Assist in other company departments as required, including Waste Management and Dust Suppression, secondary duties in Operations and other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies:
- Must possess a valid AZ license and submit current abstracts, personal and CVOR
- Minimum of 1 year of driver/operator experience is required. Must be familiar and demonstrate an ability to operate a tanker
- Bulk liquid experience would be considered an asset
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of TDGA, Reg. 347/558, WMHIS, MTO regulations
- Must have solid written communication skills in order to complete required paperwork
- Must have exceptional verbal communication skills to be able to interact with internal and external customers
- Must be able to exercise good judgment, think proactively and solve minor mechanical issues as they arise
- Excellent customer service skills, with a strong work ethic and positive attitude to represent the Company effectively and favorably
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Who we are:
GFL Environmental is the only major diversified environmental services company in North America; operating across Canada and the United States; offering services in solid waste management, liquid waste management, and infrastructure development.
Recognized by our signature fleet of bright green trucks and equipment, we offer a wide range of environmental and industrial services to businesses, communities, and households, providing a consolidated and sophisticated approach to meeting our customers’ needs.
- Medical and Dental Coverage Our industry leading benefits package
- RRSP Matching: We support your future goals by matching your RRSP contributions
- An environment to encourage professional growth and development
- Be a part of the Full-Cycle Project initiative – a way to give back to the community
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
GFL is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- AZ Licence (required)