Vancouver, BC Part-time
Come join the exciting world of aviation!! Established in 2006, our company provides multi-functional aviation services offering passenger, cargo and ground support with a focus on safety and quality. For us, success lies in delivering peace of mind to our customers, and we are passionate about ensuring their needs are met – on time, every time.
Do you have an interest in the Aviation industry? We are searching for individuals who are team players and eager!
The Customer Services Agent (CSA) provides all passenger/customer services as contracted by the customer including reservations, ticketing, baggage processing, terminal/gate check-in, greeting arriving passengers, handling of VIPs, provide special passenger assistance, handle customer complaints and other duties as assigned.
- Checks passengers in at ticket counter and gate and hands out boarding passes for outgoing flights
- Actively participates in the Safety Management System (SMS)
- Inspect and verify passenger documentation
- Checks passenger baggage and places bag tags on them at the ticket counter for appropriate destination
- Coordinates ticket counter activities with those on the ramp regarding baggage handling to assure that all bags get on the outgoing flight
- Handles customer complaints regarding ticketing and baggage handling when problems arise. (i.e. lost baggage, lost/misplaced tickets, canceled flights or delayed flights)
- Makes announcements regarding flight activity at gate or over airport’s general PA system
- Answers passenger inquiries regarding flight schedules, fares, space availability for a particular flight and other questions that may arise
- Assist passengers as needed through arrival and check in processes including support for passengers with special needs such as unaccompanied minors (UM), VIP passengers and passengers needing wheelchair assistance
- Assist Ramp Service Agents to ensure that wheelchairs, strollers and gate checked bags (cleared through security) are made available for loading upon departure and delivery to passengers upon arrival
- Communicates with flight crew on ground and via ground to air radio
- Maintains the level of service expectations of both the passenger and the airline customer at all times
- Service aircraft as needed i.e. cabin grooming
- Comply with all federal, provincial, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements and SA’s SOPs and policies
- Participate in training to comprehend, implement, and maintain all quality objectives as stated in our Quality Management System to ensure delivery of desired levels of operational safety and security.
- All employees are responsible for ensuring quality control in their own activities.
- Cooperate fully with Inspectors to achieve quality inspection commitments
- Performs other duties as required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma at a minimum
- Passionate about customer service
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Attentive to detail and numerate
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Must be able to type and learn airline specific computer reservation/ ticketing software
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Must be able to undergo a Criminal Record Check and obtain a Clear result, and be able to obtain airport security clearance
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for an extended time
- Must be willing to work in all types of elevated noise levels within the airport environment
- Must be willing to work various shifts, weekends, or irregular shifts
- Computer skills required
Part Time Position
Fluent in Cantonese / Mandarin an asset
Career Growth Opportunities!
Thank you for your application with Strategic Aviation Ltd. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer who agrees not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, or age.