COMPANY: VHA Home Healthcare
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
Looking for more?
At VHA Rehab Solutions, more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible team of Occupational Therapists.
LOOKING FOR A REWARDING EXPERIENCE IN THE COMMUNITY?
Join our exceptional team of Occupational Therapists today.
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) has offered for 90 years. With over 3000 health care professionals offering outstanding care to the most vulnerable adults and seniors living with disabilities, mental health disorders or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness. Our goal is to collaborate with our clients, creating options to help them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity. We aim to develop a team culture that values diversity, flexibility, mentorship and continuous learning. Our compassionate and committed leadership team is invested in providing an excellent, meaningful and satisfying work experience for our rehab team.
We are seeking a: Occupational Therapist Adult and Pediatrics – (Independent Contractor) Areas: Toronto, Scarborough, Mississauga, North York, and York Region
$2,000 Sign-on Bonus for Full-time positions only!!
If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career in health care, VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) is currently seeking an Occupational Therapist to provide Occupational Therapy consultation, assessment and planned interventions for diverse client groups across Southern Ontario and the capital region, referred through VHA Rehab Solutions and Champlain Rehab Solutions. The Occupational Therapist works within a continuous quality improvement framework, which reflects VHA’s core beliefs and mission of services as well as promoting and maintaining good public relations with clients, customers and VHA staff, volunteers and associates
- Assessment and implementation of Occupational Therapy Interventions in a community setting.
- Assess clients using interviews, standardized and informal assessment techniques in accordance with professional practice guidelines and standards established by VHA Rehab Solutions.
- Attend client related meetings to report on assessment findings and discuss plans for interventions, progress reports and discharge as required.
- Ensure coordinated delivery of care through ongoing communication with all members of the client’s team regarding plans and schedules for interventions.
- Document all assessment findings, treatment plans, progress and discharge summaries of interventions as required by the profession, referral source and the agency.
- Implement client interventions based on assessment information, client input and in conjunction with the client’s integrated care plan.
- Ensure that services provided are best practice, evidence based and evaluated through the routine use of valid and reliable outcome measurement.
- Adheres to the code of ethics of the profession, in maintaining standards of practice for the profession as defined by the College of Occupational Therapist of Ontario.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of a recognized program for Occupational Therapy.
- Member of the Ontario College of Occupational Therapist.
- Membership in professional association preferred.
- Experience within the professional discipline.
- Specialized courses to support areas of clinical expertise.
- Knowledge of community care requirements and resources available .
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Utilize an evidence-based to achieve client-centered outcomes.
- Familiar with the routine use of valid framework and reliable outcome measures to support clinical interventions.
- Flexibility to provide services outside of normal business hours based on client needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to client and family centered care.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize safety concerns, communicate effectively using a computer and/or mobile device.
PLEASE NOTE: To protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and their families and in the interest to follow strong public health measures, it is a requirement of employment at VHA Home Healthcare to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A fully vaccinated person means you have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, at least 14 days prior to your start date and you will need to provide proof by submitting a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose Administration Receipts or government vaccination passport. VHA Home HealthCare will consider cases needing accommodation as stipulated by the Ontario Human Rights Code. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.
Apply at www.VHA.ca
VHA Rehab Solutions is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the Request Hiring Accommodation button in the application
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received. We’ll only be contacting those selected for further discussion.